Monday, February 15, 2010

Domestic Adventure No. 1

I devote this blog to my daily domestic adventures in the kitchen, in the garden, in the craftroom, and in my home.

Domestic Adventure No. 1: Valentine's Day

My husband and I aren't really much into Valentine's Day, in the traditional sense. But I will savor any excuse to bake up some sweets and whip up some cute decorations.

My decorations were simple paper hearts with a ribbon pasted between them for hanging.

I baked the Barefoot Contessa's yummy Coconut Cupcakes and decorated each a little differently.

They looked delectable in the cake stand.
This was an excellent recipe, however, next time I think I'll omit the coconut from the batter and only include it in the topping. The flavor of the almond extract overpowers the coconut anyway and it will yield a smoother consistency without the coconut pieces.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that recipe is a really good one, although Ina rarely disappoints. Must remember to try it. Yours look very pretty!

    For me, Valentine's Day is all about the crafting, decorating and baking. A sweet gift is nice, but I'd happily skip it for the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Julie! Most holidays are like that for me. I seize any opportunity to bake and decorate.

    ReplyDelete